Crush New York Road trip…Mt. Snow Vermont
Want to get out of the city? This is the perfect place to go this winter. For beginner & advanced skiers and for people who like to rip it, this place has it all.
10 Reasons why Mt. Snow rules:
- It’s close. You can drive as it’s ~220 miles away from New York City. Pending traffic, it took 5 hours both ways for me on President’s Day weekend.
- Share houses are a fraction of the cost of the Hamptons. In our rental house, it was $175 per head for President’s Day weekend (or ~$60 a night). However, the group I went with did a share house last year and paid $1000 per person to get a great house for five months. If you are a big skier or interested in learning how, this is a great investment.
- Great exercise. This is the one vacation where you won’t feel like a fatty after the shameless partying (and eating crap). Just remember, skiing is exercise (and you will most likely be hungover) so it’s important to BYO H20 to the slopes.
- There is a Late Night Ski Rental. The rental place stays open until midnight so you can pick up your skis the night before and avoid the chaos in the morning (highly recommend this on a holiday weekend as they ended up running out of skis in the AM when I went over President’s Day).
- Stratton is next door. If Mt. Snow is no good or if you want to mix it up, Stratton is only 30 minutes away.
- You’re in bed by 10:30. Instead of a typical Friday or Saturday night, you are lights out before midnight (read: Less weakness).
- It’s Good Mountain for beginners. They offer adult ski school (so you’re not surrounded by fearless 5 year olds on the bunny slope). Its reasonable priced ($48 for two hours) and have a number of different levels so as you advance, you can still take classes. FYI – you can sign up the day of and they don’t fill up (even on a holiday weekend).
- Apres Ski. Even if you don’t like skiing, this is the best happy hour you will ever go to. Attended in your ski attire, it’s where the Hamptons winters (read: everyone’s attractive).
- They have the bar Cuzzins. A phenomenal place that hosts live bands at 3PM (including Bruce Jacques who nothing shy of amazing.) Make sure you (or one of your house mates) goes early and gets a table.a Disclaimer: They don’t serve prosecco, but you will survive.
- They serve chili everywhere. Good for the tastebuds and tummy, not for pedos, but such is life.